Sunday, April 26, 2009

My New Addiction

I just turned 21 on Friday and I feel old. Hahaha. My roommates and some friends chipped in to get me an iPod Touch and I have been playing with it since Saturday. I can truly say that I am addicted to my new iPod. This new addiction to my iPod caused me to think about addictions in general (kind of a stretch but I think it works).

When we allow addictions to take over our lives we begin to lose the things that really matter. Wheter it be alcohol or an iPod, we must always try to keep our eyes open to our addictions. If we can't find our addiction, then it can cause us to lose things such as friends and family.

How does one even become addicted to something? I mean my iPod is just a thing and I shouldn't let it take away from my schooling. I do realize this and will put it away if I can't get things done. So we all must try to find the things that we let run our lives and try to put an end to it. When we can do this then we can be truly free and enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment