Thursday, April 16, 2009

Nice Guys

I just got finished reading this article about "nice guys." This article states why the jerk is usually the guy who gets the girl. What I am got from reading this article is that "nice guys" finish last because they care too much. The author says that if the guy is too nice, than he loses his worth, value, and confidence. The author also says that the jerk gets the girl because he doesn't invest everything.

Really? Those are the reasons one can come up with for the "nice guy" thing? Just because someone cares means that they lose their own value? When one invest themselves into a relationship they are headed to being just a friend? In my opinion this is all wrong. "Nice guys" don't care too much, it's just who they are. They really do want the best for people and it just comes as second nature to them. And investing too much? Why would I want to be half committed in a relationship? Would that not seem as if I did not care about the other person? A relationship needs both persons to be committed and be willing to work on the relationship. If one is not fully committed, than the relationship won't work out.

I just think girls make up excuses for the "nice guy" because they are afraid of ruining a friendship. If girls really wanted a relationship with a guy they could fully trust, should they not at least give the "nice guy" a chance?

I don't know if this made any sense, but I just wanted to share my thoughts about this article.

No comments:

Post a Comment