Sunday, May 9, 2010

Chase Merrell- "Just Be"

I discovered this song this morning and haven't been able to stop listening to it. So I decided to type up the lyrics (couldn't find them online) and I think they are right for the most part. I just really like it because we do tend to get caught up with the things of everyday life. We get distracted by school, work, relationships, and everything else imaginable. The thing I took from this song is that no matter how much we get caught up in life, we need to make sure that we are always trying to love those around us (not the easiest thing to do). Just to focus on the basics of God, family, friends, and those in need. But I hope you enjoy the lyrics. The actual song adds a lot more to the lyrics, so if you want it I can send it because it doesn't appear that iTunes has locked it.

Just Be

It's really hard to fall asleep tonight
So many things running through my mind
Everybody thinks they know whats right for me and my life
It's like I'm living to please everyone
Hanging onto every opinion
The weight is almost too much to bare for me and my life

So much to do, so much to get done that we forget to stop and...

Just be a son and daughter
Everlasting father and rest in His arms of love
Just be a loving brother, take the time to listen to the crazy dreams he has
Just be a friend to someone who's lonely and without one, it may be the only love they see
If we would stop striving
Just be

I know they gotta a lot of things to say
I hear them now and almost everyday
Sometimes it's so hard to hear the voice of my God
Wish I didn't take so long to see no matter what you're still in love with me
Even when I let you down again I'm caught in your grace

So much to do, so much to get done that we forget to stop and...

Just be a son and daughter
Everlasting father and rest in His arms of love
Just be a loving brother, take the time to listen to the crazy dreams he has
Just be a friend to someone who's lonely and without one, it may be the only love they see
If we would stop striving
Just be


3 comments:

  1. hahah i wanted to cLick i "Like" button & there is none =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. i saw chase live when he came to australia, he was amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be the only one that has this lyrics up.. well, not sure but you're the first on the Google search list Lol. thanks btw ;)

    ReplyDelete